Thursday, April 23, 2020

36 weeks

How far along are you?: 36 weeks and 2 days - it's really hard to keep up on these, clearly. I kept meaning to and kept meaning to...

How big is baby?: 
About 18.7 inches long, about 5.8 pounds. The size of romaine lettuce. Or, let's be real here, the size of a baby. Haha!

Weight gain/loss?: I weigh right about 150, so up 20 pounds.

Stretch marks?: No.

Maternity clothes?: Yep. They're starting to not fit anymore and I don't plan on buying more, so I may need to get creative!

Sleep?: Pretty good. I just wake up to pee usually 2-5 times a night!

Best moment this week?: Well, Danny's hours have been pretty drastically cut, so we've been getting a lot of time together as a family. And we got to plant some seedlings, the boys and I. Just trying to enjoy this season of togetherness as I've found it's constantly changing! I also just finished teaching my very last VIPKid class with my very most favorite student. It was so bittersweet. I will miss her so much!

Food cravings?: Nothing specific, but I've been loving buffalo chicken stuffed peppers with Frank's Red Hot and ranch.

Gender?: It'll be a mystery until May!!

Movement?: It's funny how I'd forgotten - near the end, the movements are less cute and little, more stretching and uncomfortable. But I am still loving watching my stomach morph.

Belly button?: Flat or popped inside-out these days!

Labor signs?: I've had a bit of cm here and there, lots of Braxton Hicks. But that's basically it.

What do I miss?: I miss eating what I'd like without getting heartburn, haha! It's been pretty rough on the heartburn side of things. I will be excited to not have swollen veins in my tailbone too. But I'm not really ready for this pregnancy to end either. I'm conflicted.

What I'm looking forward to this week?: 
I'm really excited to hit 37 weeks. After that, it just feels like, okay - any day baby wants to come is just fine now! And we are hopefully going to work on our garden together some more.

What's different this time around?: I am not ready for it to be over like I was with both the boys. Maybe that'll change. I'm also a lot more emotional I feel like. My hair is not super thick and grown in like it was with the boys. And I'm physically much more exhausted. But those factors could be because of genetics, or because I'm older. Who knows!

How are Lincoln and Logan doing?:  They're pretty excited, however I have noticed Logan playing the "baby" card more and more as the due date approaches. I think we will need to give each boy special time just them and us once the baby is born. As excited as they are, it's still a big transition that does present struggles.


Birthing during a pandemic: So I'm going to add this section here. Birthing during a pandemic with a global shut down, economies struggling, families without employment, rumors of food shortages to come and even further strife in the future, freedoms in the balance - this has been quite the rollercoaster, I must say. Pregnancy is a huge time of transition anyway. To be confronted with not only losing hours to the lockdowns, but also due to an oil bidding war has been strange and unexpected. If you'd told me at the beginning of my pregnancy that things would look like this at the end, it would have been a struggle to believe you.
I'm so grateful we already planned on a home birth with a midwife. Many women are flocking to midwives so they can avoid the stress and anxiety of ever-changing hospital policies and the fear of being separated from their babies right after birth. 
This is definitely a history time to be born. And it has amplified a lot of the usual concerns or fears that go along with pregnancy.
I have to admit, I will be thankful to know how this all turns out once it's settled. But I'm trying to take one day at a time. We thank God daily whenever Danny has a job to get up and go to. And we thank Him when we have good food to eat. And when we have time together. And just in every season.
This experience has definitely been teaching us to look for what we can be thankful in each day and each moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment