Monday, September 17, 2012

Crockpot Lasagna!!

Okay, okay!  I've been slacking.  So here it is, the crockpot lasagna how-to I promised!!
But firrrrrst!!!


I've been packing Darion and his sister's lunches lately.  Awww!!  How fun would it be to open this at lunch??  It's way more motivating for me to pack them lunches with cute lunch boxes too!!!


Start with an onion

Dice your onion, and mince about 2 (or if you're us, 3-4)
cloves of garlic
The recipe calls for 1lb ground beef, but we used 
ground turkey.  Whichever is your preference!
You could probably even do vegetarian if you so
desired.



I sauteed the onion and garlic in a separate pan, but
you can just add them in after the meat is browned.
For the sake of time (and since I like my onions NOT
crunchy at allll), I did them simultaneously in
separate pans.


I combined all three of these ingredients
Next, pour in a 28 oz. can of tomato sauce and a
6 oz. can of tomato paste

Stir it up!

Add 1 teaspoon dried oregano and 1.5 teaspoons salt

Check what your baby is doing while you make dinner (haha!)

Line the bottom of your crockpot with two layers of 
uncooked lasagna noodles

Put a layer of (it says cottage cheese, but we prefer) ricotta cheese

Put a layer of mozzarella cheese

Put a layer of parmesan cheese (we had SOME fresh,
so I used all of that, but ran out, so this finished it off)
Here's what baby's doing!!!  He loves cookin'
with Mama!

Next, add a layer of meat sauce

Yumma!

Oops, apparently I opened the ricotta on the wrong side!

Repeat the layers, double noodles, cheese, meat sauce, over and over
again until you reach the top!  Finish off with a layer of cheese, and cook
on low for 4-5 hours!

Yumma yumma!!!  I didn't get a picture before we dug
in!  The smell was too tempting!!!  But boy, it was so good!

So there you have it folks, crockpot lasagna, and an adorable baby!!!




1 comment: