Tuesday, December 10, 2019

17 Weeks

How far along are you?: 17 weeks

How big is baby?: About 5 inches, the size of a pomegranate.

Weight gain/loss?: Up to 136 -- I think I was about 130 when I got pregnant, gained 8 pounds the first few weeks, then lost all 8 pounds again with all the nausea, even though I only threw up once!

Stretch marks?: No.

Maternity clothes?: I bought maternity jeans at about 7 weeks because all mine were worsening my nausea and I couldn't handle it. I found a low elastic band, so I have ONE pair of jeans, haha! I bought one maternity sweater on e-bay, and I bought a maternity shirt from Walmart super cheap last week. I placed an order on H&M for some cheap maternity clothes on cyber monday and got a good collection of shirts for just $50. They should arrive in the mail today! Luckily, in general, my typical week only consists of one outing, to church.

Sleep?: I have been struggling to get to sleep at a reasonable hour and struggling to wake up when the boys do. Today, I got up at 8 after going to sleep around midnight or so. I was wiped out! Hopefully I can get to bed earlier tonight. I was waking up super sore in my mid back, but the chiropractor seems to be helping that.

Best moment this week?: Our midwife decided not to attend our birth, which initially had me stressed. But I was able to keep calm and manage the crisis. The 
next day, we found a midwife with whom I *really* connected, she was offering phenomenal care from even before I hired her and helping me troubleshoot migraines, giving me oils and Rescue Remedy to keep, checked my iron levels to see if I should get a prenatal with a higher level - on the spot during the interview! She's just amazing, and I'm so grateful we wound up with her on our birth team!

Food cravings?: I finally got to fulfill my craving from the beginning of my pregnancy for snow crab on Friday at Danny's work party for Christmas!! Other than that, I've wanted Olive Garden soup, salad, and breadsticks for months now. But the closest Olive Garden is three hours away, haha! I've been gorging on greens and chocolate peanut butter banana smoothies (snooch, as the boys call it!). I ate that alllll the time when I was pregnant with Logi!

Gender?: It'll be a mystery until May!!

Movement?: So I've been a little disconcerted this pregnancy because with Linky, I felt flutters around 12 weeks, and with Logi I felt flutters starting at 9.5 weeks. With this little babe, I'm fairly certain I have an anterior placenta making movements harder to feel. I felt the first small movement of pressure, oddly when I was standing up at 15 weeks 5 days (I've always felt the babies move best when lying flat on my back, but can't feel a thing when I do that with this baby! This baby I feel most when I'm on my feet!). Ever since, I've felt small pressure in my upper right side of my uterus. And I've felt a couple of tiny but distinctive "kicks". But only about 3 or so.

Belly button?: It's stretched pretty far, haha!

Labor signs?: None at all!

What do I miss?: Well, I wanted a Montana Mule when we went out to dinner - not because I like alcohol, but because I love the huckleberry+ginger beer flavor! But it wasn't a deep loss. That's just all I can think of missing. Mostly, I'm just so enjoying being pregnant!

What I'm looking forward to this week?: 
Just doing advent activities with the little boys. I'm also supposed to get my Bradley Method book in the mail, so I'm looking forward to reading that with Danny! He's so excited about the baby, and he's on board to read the book with me and prepare for our birth. <3

What's different this time around?: I think I'm enjoying pregnancy much more this time. It may or may not be my last pregnancy, I don't really know. I secretly hope it isn't. Okay, just kidding - it's no secret! I also have less fear that I won't be able to handle adding another baby. I also have a much deeper appreciation for getting to be a stay at home mama, which I think I'd previously taken for granted. It's also wonderful to have support. I'm so much happier and I feel so thankful that Daniel is such a loving, involved dad and husband.

How are Lincoln and Logan doing?:  This week was rough for Lincoln and me. But today has been much better. Logan has experienced a strange regression where he often pretends to be a baby already. Lincoln and Logan are both so excited for the baby and love learning about how the baby is developing and growing. They found out last week that the baby can hear now, and they've been singing songs to the baby and talking to the baby. Lincoln tells the baby Jesus will take care of it and always keep it safe which is so sweet. And Logan sing Ooki Na Kuri No Kino Shita De to the baby all the time. It's very sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment