Wednesday, December 18, 2019

18 Weeks

How far along are you?: 18 weeks! It's funny to read how terrified I was with Lincoln at this point in the pregnancy. This time, I'm so enjoying every little moment of pregnancy and also I'm excited for when the baby is here without having to wish away the pregnancy.

How big is baby?: About 5 inches and a half inches, the size of a sweet potato. Last week was the size of a pomegranate, so this week at the grocery store, I showed the boys a pomegranate and a sweet potato. They really wanted to buy a pomegranate, so we did! I think tonight we will bust it open and show the boys how to eat a pomegranate!

Weight gain/loss?:
 I'm up 10 pounds. It's so weird having an actual healthy pregnancy, I'm not really sure what's normal. I guess my body is doing it this way and I feel great and I'm eating healthy, so it must be normal for me! ;)

Stretch marks?: Nope!

Maternity clothes?: Yes, and  they're so comfy and cute! I got just a few shirts to rotate and my one pair of jeans, haha! Luckily, I don't leave home much so there isn't a need for a lot of variety.

Sleep?: I've been struggling to get to sleep at a reasonable hour, but enjoying the quiet house. I sleep pretty well once I'm asleep and usually wake up once or twice to use the bathroom. But I wake up sore a lot and with a headache. I got a mattress topper this week, it comes in a couple of days. We will see how it works!

Best moment this week?: I can feel the baby moving from the outside some days! The baby got the hiccups about 4 times in two days and I could feel the movements from the outside! I also felt one distinctive kick. I don't always feel the baby move, mostly just pressure and I can tell where the baby is. This baby seems really docile and relaxed, ha!

Food cravings?: I was craving chocolate milk yesterday, so I bought a carton or organic chocolate milk, but I haven't had any because the craving subsided by the time I got home. I might have some today though. I've also been venturing into yogurt because I know it's good for me and little one. I got vanilla Tillamook yogurt and put a few chocolate chips and frozen blueberries in and it was actually pretty good when disguised properly! But pretty sugary yogurt, so it might have been canceled out. Better than ice cream, I guess!

Gender?: Mystery 'til May! Danny is so convinced it's a girl! And Joy suspects it's a girl too. I personally have no idea.

Movement?: Yes, but not always. Makes me so, so glad!

Belly button?: Kind of flat these days!

Labor signs?: Nope.

What do I miss?: Truly, I miss nothing. I'm so thankful to be on this journey. My friend Ashley had her baby this week, and it was so cool to be reminded a person is at the end of pregnancy. I'm just remembering how much I love pregnancy and babies and raising littler ones. I'd gotten so spoiled raising older children and the independence they have, but I am remember I really do love the early stages.

What I'm looking forward to this week?: Well, it's technically next week that we go to Christmas at my in-laws', but we will be there Monday through Sunday and I am so looking forward to it! I'm also looking forward to the break from school. We just kind of all need it I think.

How are Lincoln and Logan?: They are doing well - Lincoln got through his phonogram test without a meltdown today for the first time in weeks and Logan has been so happy lately. Logan came out today after hitting his face on the bath tub and walked right up to my stomach and said "Baby, big brubbuh got hurt on the baftub!" It had me melting! And Lincoln has been reading to the baby and saying, "Oh, don't do things like this, baby!" It's seriously so sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment