Wednesday, August 31, 2011

15 Weeks

So exciting update!! In addition to finally formulating a name I think we will use, Darion and I finally picked a nursery bedding set, and I've been able to kind of get an idea about how I want to decorate!! I must admit, without pinterest (my newest obsession) I wouldn't have been able to figure out what I wanted at all! Here are some of my ideas:

Bedding set:


Dot Fun Blue - Target

We're thinking of focusing on the light grey for our primary color, the green
as our complementary color, and the navy blue as our accent color.

Accent wall painting:



We want to paint an argyle accent on one of our walls, but the colors
of the pattern will more likely be green and navy blue for the diamonds,
and either black or dark grey for the lines running through.

Decorating extras:


Letters to spell our baby's name, not necessarily those exact colors.
I like all the patterns, but it'd be the colors of our room.



This is a great idea for our baseboards, so I think we may try to do it,
depending on the cost. It's skinny molding a couple inches above the
baseboard, and the wall between the baseboard and molding
is painted white. I love the look, so I might try to accomplish
this, depending on how adventurous I'm feeling!





15 Weeks, it occurs to me now that this shirt was a little
baggy, so it's hard to see the bump, but it's there! I promise!

How far along are you?: 15 weeks!

How big is baby?: About 4 inches, the size of an orange (yum!).

Weight gain/loss?: Down 14 pounds still, but I haven't been losing weight, so that's awesome. And I've been so starving, I'm sure I'll be gaining weight anytime soon. As we speak, I have a frozen ding dong on the couch with me...

Stretch marks?: None so far, I've been slathering myself in lotions now since a friend told me some horror stories, lol!! She convinced me it won't hurt!

Maternity clothes?: Yep, I'm actually incredibly blessed by a friend who gave me all of her old maternity clothes because she just finished having kids! And this girl has great style, so they're adorable clothes!! I lent about half to my friend Megan, since she's only got a month to go in her pregnancy, but I still have a tooooon to choose from everyday! I'm also about to start putting old shirts away because I'm scared of stretching them out... especially in the boob area... lol!!

Sleep?: I've been sleeping soooo good lately!! My favorite new bed time is 7:45... true story...

Best moment this week?: Well, I'm pretty sure I've been feeling little boy moving!!! I felt it actually about a week and a half ago while lying on our bed with a book across my stomach... I wasn't sure what it was, and I kinda thought it was my stomach growling even though I wasn't hungry, but then I kept feeling it day after day! I get jabbed every day a few times now, it's so exciting!!!

Food cravings?: I made crispy chicken with sauce like, 3 times in a week and a half... and then frozen ding dongs, hehe!!

Gender?: It's a boy!!! And we finally chose our nursery theme. I've got a general idea of what to do with painting and decorating and everything, but my friend Bonnie is coming over next week to help me figure out a better idea of design.

Movement?: A little! Since a couple weeks ago... :] And I totally just sneezed right now, and then right after that felt a poke! Baby doesn't like me sneezing I guess...

Belly button?: Innie! For now!

Labor signs?: Gosh, thankfully none yet!!

What do I miss?: Energy... I've been pretty wipe out lately, so it'll be nice when that second trimester kicks in and I'm not as tired... :] Oh, and not having to pee twice an hour!! :]

What I'm looking forward to this week?: It's my sister's birthday on Monday, and we're all going down there for a barbecue. It should be really fun!! I also get to work for the first whole day this coming Friday unless I get called before... should be fun, I'm really looking forward to it!

1 comment:

  1. So, is it Jack? And, I agree. Pinterest is a hugh obsession for me too! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete