Monday, September 12, 2011

16 Weeks

Hurray, I made it to 16 weeks! I'm edging up on halfway through this pregnancy, it's kind of scary!



Sorry about the crazy hair!! This was taken on a night I was
exhausted, I didn't really care.

How far along are you?:
16 weeks!

How big is baby?: About 4 and a half inches, the size of an avocado!

Weight gain/loss?: Down somewhere in the 15 pound range, but I'm sure I'll start gaining soon, I've been eating voraciously!

Stretch marks?: None so far.

Maternity clothes?: Yep yep.

Sleep?: My hips have started hurting when I try to sleep on my side. Then I wind up lying on my back, and the pressure causes me a back ache. However, I sleep like a rock, so I don't realize I'm uncomfortable until I wake up super sore in the mornings.

Best moment this week?: Just feeling little boy's kicks get stronger and stronger. It's really exciting!

Food cravings?: Fondue... I've been really wanting fondue this week!

Gender?: It's a boy!!!

Movement?: Yes, more and more everyday! And you know what's funny? Baby doesn't like when I sneeze. He always kicks several times after I sneeze.

Belly button?: Innie! For now!

Labor signs?: Gosh, thankfully none yet!!

What do I miss?: Well, I've been getting headaches almost everyday, so probably just being able to make it through a day without getting one.

What I'm looking forward to this week?: Well Wednesday I get to go to lunch with my brother, and Thursday I get to go down the hill with my sister-in-law and nephew and we're gonna meet my sister for lunch. Should be a pretty fun time! And we also get to go for our "official" anatomy scan this Friday!! I can't wait to see our little baby moving around!! It's always the best.

Bonus!

This is me today, 16 weeks and 5 days.

So this probably seems really silly, but wearing this shirt was a really big deal for me. I bought it near the beginning of my first pregnancy because I was so excited. I didn't get to wear it that time. It's really neat to actually have a pregnancy with a healthy baby and to be far along enough to wear it. It made me very happy.

Today was also super neat because while I was cooking dinner, Darion walked in from work. He got his shower and everything, and then came out and told me he wants to start doing a weekly date night. He wants to plan a date for us once a week. He made me cry, he's so amazing. I am blessed to be married to such an awesome man. :]

No comments:

Post a Comment