Wednesday, October 5, 2011

20 Weeks

I'm officially half baked, hurray!!! :] Never even thought I'd see the day, it's so exciting!!! I can't believe that I only have as much time left as I've already had so far!! The kid is getting huge in there too, I can feel him moving around so much!
Today the dust ruffle came in the mail too!! Contrary to the appearance on the site, the primary color is brown and not grey. I may have to rework some of my color schemes. I think I should be able to make it work though. I still really want to use grey as my base color, so I'm going to just accent a lot with the other colors! I think I can do it.
I'm so excited to get started on painting the little man's room!!

I also decided that, in the interest of curbing my intense desire to bust out the Christmas decorations, I ought to decorate for fall to bridge the gap. Darion and I went and bought some things for me to make a wreath for our front door. Here is the progress I've made so far!



Michael's was having a 50% off sale on a lot of these items, score!


Here were the supplies I started with.


Blocking out my design to see what I liked best.


A pom pom ribbon bow I made to embellish, super easy and cute!
I'm going to make more with this and other ribbons.


Our last name letters all painted and embellished!! I still have
to go back and fill in some of the polka dots as they didn't come out
exactly perfect. I was searching and searching for a stencil or something
to use to make polka dots and got super frustrated because nothing worked.
Then I realized I could use a pencil eraser, throwback to kinder days!!!
It worked like a charm! I think it came out really cute. I can't wait to finish
it up tomorrow!




Yowie!! I feel like I popped finally!! Darion and I were looking
at a comparison of this picture with 6 weeks, and we were blown
away!! Even this picture and 11 weeks is drastically different!
The kid is in there growing like a week!!!

How far along are you?: 20 weeks!!! Halfway there!! Hurray!!!!

How big is baby?: About 6 and a half inches, the size of a cantaloupe. But if you include legs, he's over 10 or 11 inches long, holy moly!!!

Weight gain/loss?:
I'm now down around 10 pounds pre-pregnancy weight!! I've been steadily gaining about a pound a week for the past couple of weeks, yay healthy baby!!!

Stretch marks?: None so far.

Maternity clothes?: Yes. This week has been particularly chilly though, and I realized that I don't have ANY maternity winter clothes, so that will be tough!! I'm going to have to buy a couple of long sleeved shirts and sweaters!!!

Sleep?: Sleep has been pretty good lately, just not enough of it! Darion has been working the occasional overnight shift, so I haven't been sleeping as much. I'm feeling it too, I'm exhausted!

Best moment this week?: Well tonight was Caleb's second birthday, and that was fun. I was also making my wreath while it was cloudy and freezing and windy outside while listening to some relaxing music with a pumpkin spice candle lit. That was a great moment. And Darion was napping in the living room. My idea of fun! Also, last Wednesday Darion's and my date night was super fun. Still feeling super fulfilled by that. I love spending time with him!
Alllllllllso, I was just sitting here typing this up, and the baby kicked so hard I could see it on the outside!! Why is he so cool?!

Food cravings?: I keep thinking I'm smelling corn nuts, and they actually sound really good to me.

Gender?: Little man!

Movement?: Yes, and Maggie got to feel him kick last night for the first time!!! So neat, he's showing off for everyone!!! I wished he'd move for my sister tonight, but he was lounging!

Belly button?: Innie! For now!

Labor signs?: Gosh, thankfully none yet!!

What do I miss?: Probably still clarity of mind. I've been doing really silly things. I was looking at my answer to this question from last week and realized I dropped off mid-sentence while answering this.... I really didn't do it on purpose either!!! Talk about fitting, haha!! But yeah, just having a clear mind and being able to concentrate on things is what I'm missing now.

What I'm looking forward to this week?: Well, I'm glad Darion is done with overnights for the week. Also, this weekend Bonnie and I are going to a teahouse for lunch together!! It should be super fun, I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment