Monday, April 28, 2014

5 Weeks

Baby Wells.
2.0
Most recent version

How far along are you?: 5 weeks!  We just found out this week (April 24 somewhere around midnight) that we are pregnant!!!!

How big is baby?: 1/16 to 1/8 an inch - about the size of an appleseed.  So now all I wanna do is name this baby Johnny Appleseed...

Weight gain/loss?:
 I'm up probably 6-7 lbs from right before I was pregnant!  Yikes!

Stretch marks?: Just residual! ;]

Maternity clothes?: Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!  I pretty much changed out of regular jeans into maternity pants before the stick even dried… ;]  Do you even know how comfortable maternity jeans are??  Think pajama jeans!

Sleep?:  Sleep has been the most sleep ever.  If I don't take a nap every day, I'm a nightmare to deal with.  I'm constantly tired, and go to be super early.

Best moment this week?:  Well, finding out we're pregnant probably tops the list ;]

Food cravings?: Cabbage… which is strange.

Gender?: One or the other! ;]

Movement?:  Only phantom (yes, I totally keep thinking I'm feeling the baby move, but I think that's just because I already know what to expect)

Belly button?: Innie

Labor signs?: Nope!

What do I miss?:  I got minutely sad thinking today that our family is no longer just the three of us.  Gonna love up this time being a family of three 'til newest little one arrives.

What I'm looking forward to this week?:  Hopefully I get to chat with our midwife and schedule to deliver at Ancient Paths!!!!

What's different this time around?: So far, I'm way weepier, way more tired (maybe because I'm running around after a two year old!), and I don't feel that same instant connection I had with Linky.  Maybe just because I'm too busy to consider it much.  Also because I'm still having a hard time believing it's real!

How is Lincoln doing?:  Well, we told him there's a baby in there, and he seemed to get it at first… sorta… until he pointed at Daddy and said, "Daddy baby!"  Haha!  I'll have to share the video, it's so adorable!  He sometimes gives the baby high fives (I'm trying to get him used to the idea that he should interact with the baby), and the other day he gave the baby a high five unprompted!  I try to talk to him about the baby a little each day so he isn't blindsided.  I am also trying really hard to maintain a pretty rigid rhythm for him so he has a more stable schedule when the baby comes.  I want him to be as able as possible to adjust.  It's going to be a big change for the little guy who gets all Mama and Dada's attention still!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!! =) I am so excited for you guys!! Congratulations, my dear. What wonderful, wonderful news!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! We aren't telling just everyone yet, so keep it under your hat! ;]
    We are due December!!! :]

    ReplyDelete